Monday, December 20, 2010

Great Weekend and New Week

Dear readers,

I hope that all of you had a relaxing and good weekend. I certainly did. Once again I partied at the Student Nations.

Here in Uppsala there are thirteen student nations that offer a variety of events, parties, games and other social activities. These nations (including their bars, clubs and nations houses) are distributed throughout the town of Uppsala. Every weekend and also during the week the nations organise student parties. Most of the time they begin at the nations' bars, then continue at another location where there is dancing and/or other social activities. I visit the student nations relatively frequently, I'd say around once every two to three weeks. I'm sure they're other students that visit the nations more regularly. Most nations have restaurants where they offer student friendly prices for relatively hearty meals, which is a good thing if you eat as much as I do! :-)

In order to be able to participate in the nations' activities, being a member of the nations is a requirement. Also, if you're planning on bringing friends to the nations, please don't forget that you must buy a guest card for your friends. (Personally I don't really agree with the difficulty of getting a guest card. In order to buy a guest card, I have to visit one of the nations' offices (which have extremely limited opening hours) and also have my visiting friends' ID's with me. Honestly, why would I have a copy of my friend's ID card with me?! Instead of the current beaurocracy, it would be so much more convenient (and a much better business tactic) for the nations to sell guest cards at the entrance and during extended hours. That way, getting a guest card would be much easier and less of a hassle).

Overall though the nations are a great place to have a beer or drink, relax, meet people and party. My final thought on the nations: affordable! Here is the link to the student nations. Click on the British flag for an English version.

http://nationsguiden.se/

Have a nice day people! :-)

Julian

2 comments: