Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Happy New Year

Dear readers,

I would like to wish all of you a happy new year and much success for 2011. Where did you guys celebrate new year's eve?

Currently I'm back at home in Berlin and celebrated with friends. I hope that everyone had a good evening and a not too painful morning after all the New Year's Eve parties! :-)

I will resume blogging about my experiences in Sweden next week when I arrive in Uppsala again.

This upcoming semester should be an interesting one, as I'm getting ready to begin working on my Master's Thesis. Currently I'm in the process of filling out all the required paperwork for SLU and working on other organisational issues related to the Thesis. I will keep you up to date on how the entire Thesis process is going for me.

So far, I've had a very good experience with the SLU administration and my supervisor for my thesis. Everyone (administration, supervising professor) seems very helpful and motivated to help me begin working on my Thesis. One of my supervising professors has already provided me with reading material, and I began reading the research papers and articles yesterday. I look forward to continuing my Master's Thesis work!

Take care everyone, and you'll either hear from me again another time this week or early next week!

Julian

2 comments:

  1. hi dear this is mehdi agriculture Ms student from iran
    i'm going to come there for PhD course.

    i wonder if u guide me and it's my pleasure if be friend together.
    your sincerely mehdi.
    mgolkar2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mehdi,

    Thank you for your interest. When will you come to Uppsala? Please remember, I will be leaving Uppsala around the end of June, 2011.

    I can try to find out who can guide you around though. I think SLU has a "buddy" system where another international or Swedish student can help guide you around.

    If you already have some specific questions about Uppsala, please feel free to ask me over this blog. It is likely that other incoming students will have similar questions as you have. I can best help you that way.

    Have a nice day!

    Julian

    ReplyDelete