Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Return to Uppsala, Great Start of the New Year, Many Positive Comments

Dear readers,

I hope that all of you are doing well and just jumping through this week with joy and positive vibrations (as Bob Marley put it).

All is well here. I returned to Uppsala late last night. The connection between Uppsala and Stockholm Arlanda Airport is really good. I took the bus, but supposedly taking the train is just as easy, and the ticket costs between 70 and 120 Swedish Crowns, which is around €7 - €12. I think that's a really good price.

The bus driver that I had was very nice. I actually arrived in Sweden a little earlier than I expected, so I was able to catch the earlier bus back to Uppsala. I originally had bought a ticket for a later bus, but the bus driver was nice enough to allow me in his earlier bus. Taking the earlier bus to Uppsala was very practical, as I still had enough time to catch the last bus at 00:30 to Ultuna. (Ultuna is the name of the town where SLU campus and my student dorm, including all the other on-campus student residencies are located).

I was very satisfied with the way yesterday went. Cool bus driver! I hope that you all get back to school safely and enjoy the first school days of the year.

Also, I would like to thank all of my readers for their positive comments they have left me. Thank you very much and your feedback is making my blogging for SLU an enjoyable and exciting experience! Keep up the comments. Also please remember, if you don't agree with something I write or you would like to see something else, please feel free to comment on that too. I will respond by altering my blog text accordingly. :-)

All the best for 2011!!!

Julian

2 comments:

  1. hej man

    wb to Uppsala

    first of all I have to mentioned that he accepted your ticket because there is no specific time there...for example u can buy return ticket to skavasta and use it after many months...In other countries are similar rule...

    and u talked about the last bus to Ultuna....Isn't bus number 20? :D

    I suppose u have to start your thesis?right?

    good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Homayoun,

    Thank you man! Welcome back to you too.

    Thank you for the clarification with the train ticket. I didn't know that when you buy that sort of ticket it's open.

    Yup, that was bus #20! :-)

    That's also correct, I'm in the process of beginning my thesis.

    Thanks and good luck to you too. Have a nice day!

    Julian

    ReplyDelete