Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lighter Days, Part 1 of My Weekend...

Hey people!

I hope that all of you are doing well and enjoying your week.

Finally the days are beginning to grow noticeably longer here in Sweden. It seems like forever since the sun set so late during the day. Sunset is still at around 16:00 or so, which is still really early, but it's amazing how much extra light there is. In comparison, during December sunset was around 14:30 and it was basically night by 15:15. This is one thing I'd like to warn you about Sweden. If you're a person that needs light, remember the winters are very dark here. Winter gloom can be easily overcome by doing sports, going into the sauna and having good friends and people around. In contrast though, the summer here will be amazing. Then the sun will go down closer to 23:00 and will rise around 03:00 again! That will be awesome! Here is a link to a website that will tell you sunrise and sunset times for any day during the year.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=1376&month=1&year=2011&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

What I also want to mention is my weekend. I had an AMAZING weekend. I went to Copenhagen to visit my friends that I made during my first year of my program. (Just as background information, I study ENVEURO MSc, European Master of Environmental Science. During my first year, I studied at University of Copenhagen and now I'm completing my MSc. as an ERASMUS student at here at SLU in Sweden). For more information on my program and the program's university network, check out:

http://www.enveuro.eu/

It was alot of fun to see my buddies from last year. We partied and had a good time. I strongly recommend that you stay in contact with your fellow classmates and friends that you make during your international studies. It's really great to see them again and hear about their life journeys!

On Monday night I took the train back from Copenhagen to Uppsala. I arrived at Stockholm Central Station, and got on a train that was supposed to take me to Uppsala! :-)

...and here the story ends, it did not go as smoothly as you may imagine!...

 ...to be continued... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment