Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm beginning to enjoy these days quite a bit!

Dear readers,

Happy hump day! Yes, it's the middle of the week and we're half way (passed the hump) through the working week! Got any weekend plans yet? This weekend I plan on visiting my friends in Copenhagen. I'll be taking the train down to Denmark. The nice thing about the Swedish train service called SJ is that if you book well in advance, you can get quite an affordable ticket to your destination. You can check out their website at:  www.http://www.sj.se/sj/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10&l=en .

Otherwise, I've been enjoying my past few days. I'm beginning to enjoy this time while I work on my Master's Thesis. I wake up in the late morning, eat, go train for rowing, come back home, eat and finally go work on my Master's Thesis after.

Right now I'm looking at my data sets, reading research papers and collecting background information. Of course I'm also filling out plenty of required paperwork. The next thing I must do is come up with hypotheses. One thing I think is challenging and interesting is making sense of the data presented to me in the form of Excel spreadsheets. Numbers at one glance don't mean very much to me. What I think is interesting is making sense of them. That's what I'm trying to do right now. My supervisors have been very helpful, and this makes my work much easier. I like knowing that I can always ask my supervisors, which are professors here at SLU, for help on my Master's Project.

So far I've experienced excellent support from my supervisors here at SLU!

I hope that all of you have a pleasant remainder of the week!

Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment