Friday, November 05, 2010

Studies...


Now to the more serious topic of university, classes and Master’s Thesis. This past week was really intense but also rewarding. I finished the final tests and projects in my class that I attended for this block, “Ecology and Management of Pests and Diseases of Forest Trees”. On Monday I will begin my next and last class of my Master’s, “Forest Environment and Conservation”. (I can’t believe how fast time flies!)

Also, this past week I met with my Master’s Thesis supervisor. We discussed our Thesis topic on edge habitats and distribution and frequency of red-listed (endangered) lichens. My supervisor was very friendly and helpful to me. In addition, we visited different forests around Uppsala to look at different habitat conservation methods in a productive forest. We saw forest patches that were preserved, high stumps and areas that were designated as protected. All are intended as habitats for flora and fauna. Lastly, my supervisor gave me materials to read over the weekend. She told me to think about my Thesis and whether I really want to work with her.

Now I have to read and reflect on my Thesis. All seems to point more in the direction of yes: I do want to work with Professors Jörgen Rudolphi and Lena Gustafsson on edge habitats and lichen distributions!

I will keep you up to date! All of you, enjoy your weekend and GET OUTSIDE TO TAKE A WALK AND ENJOY THE FALL WEATHER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment