Friday, February 04, 2011

Pretty Relaxed and Uneventful Week, Sweden decide: Spring or Winter!

Dear readers,

As always, I hope that all of you have been having a pleasant week with little stress and much success. All's well here. This week was pretty relaxed for me. Almost every day I worked on my Master's Thesis for a couple of hours. Right now I'm developing hypotheses, looking at my data sets and deciding what I would like to statistically test. This means lots of reading, and that's what I've been doing plenty of this week.

Also, I now have my own work room at the SLU Ecology Building and my own computer to use in the room. It's quite a nice setup. I have 24 hour access to the ecology building. Today I met with my professor to discuss our progress. All went well and we're making good progress.

One thing that is currently not so pleasant about Sweden is the weather and the slipperiness that is associated with the current snowmelt. During the day the temperatures are around +1°C - +4°C and during the night around 0°C - -5°C. That means the snow melts during the day, becomes a puddle and freezes at night again. I've fallen twice from my bike now because I slipped. I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO SPRING. I know this is a terrible thing to say, but WE NEED SOME GLOBAL WARMING HERE!!! :-)

That's what's happened this week. Pretty relaxed, not too much going on.

I know that the time to apply to Universities and exchange programs is here. If you have any questions regarding student life here in Uppsala or my experiences as an ERASMUS exchange student, PLEASE ASK!!!! I'M HERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!!!

Have a GREAT weekend people and you'll hear from me next week again! Have fun over the weekend!

Julian

2 comments:

  1. hej Man

    first for me it was surprising to meet u at store ;)

    second I suppose what happened this days is global warming...plz notify global warming is not just warming....also it parts of global temperature and other factors changing...

    finally about slipping today everybody had this problem same as u,so u're not alone...I slept one time when I was walking...

    Good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Homayoun,

    It was surprising for me too. It was pretty funny.

    Yeah, of course "global warming" as a term is somewhat of a misnomer. Yeah, as you say it's more climate change. In addition to that some scientists say that Europe and parts of North America may become colder and have harsher winters as a result of global climate change. You're right about that one!

    Yeah, I'm actually happy it's snowy and cold again. The ground is more stable and we all don't slip on the ice as much!

    As usual, Homayoun take care dude and I always appreciate your comments to this blog!

    Take care man and have a nice week!

    Julian

    ReplyDelete