Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Decent Last Week, Good Weekend

Dear readers,

I hope that you are all doing well as usual and are having the best day of your life! (I really mean this!) :-)

Again, last week I worked on my Master's Thesis doing more literature research. Now I'm done doing literature research, and during this week I will begin my data analysis. I'm really excited about everything and also the progress of my Thesis.

I quickly want to update you on what my past weekend was like. Friday night I went out to the nations again. This time my buddies and I went to Kalmar Nation. It was pretty cool. They had a live rock band and after that they played Balkan and Eastern Dance music. It was lots of fun. I got home pretty late and around noon the next day my buddy Erik called me to go ice skating on the lake. That was a great idea!

We took the bus to FjÀllnora Lake where the city had plowed the ice sheet free from snow. One loop was 11 Kilometres and we skated around it twice. I had to rent ice skates as I don't own any. At 50 SEK per hour, I think they were cheap to rent. It was tons of fun and it felt so good to be back on ice skates. While I was younger I used to ice skate pretty often, but since attending college and working in the USA I haven't been skating since. This experience was really great and the weather was awesome. Cold but really sunny.


 Pic. 1: After skating for a while, I took a little break to take some photos of other people skating. Here you can see the plowed skating ways.


  Pic. 2: My buddy Erik on ice skates. As you can see Nordic skates are longer and slimmer than regular ice hockey skates. I think he was a little pissed off at the fact that I was slow and couldn't skate as well and as quickly as he could. But we both had a good time and he took off after a while, speed skating a round by himself.


  Pic. 3: At this point I was pretty tired after skating for nearly two hours. Still a great day though!

While you are on your international stay here in Uppsala, I DEFINITELY recommend that you go ice skating during the winter. It's a great workout and way to get out into some sun and get some fresh air!

Well, that's it for now. Take care everyone and enjoy your week!

Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment