Monday, May 09, 2011

An addition to my last blog about Swedish food....

Dear readers,

I hope that all of you had a great and relaxing weekend. I spent most of this weekend outside in the sun, the weather was absolutely amazing here this weekend. Really great sun and warm temperatures. During these days I'm really beginning to notice how far north I truly am. The sun sets around 20:30 and it's light until shortly before midnight. Not totally light that is, there is still some sunlight in the sky facing towards the north. It starts getting light around 03:00 again and the sun comes up around 05:00. Really cool!


In my last blog I wrote about Swedish food. I want to add a website link to last week's blog on food. This web site is a Swedish online version of a weekly periodical called "Land". In my personal opinion it's sort of an exceedingly boring Swedish old-people's magazine. My on campus corridor receives this periodical every week. My house mates seem to enjoy reading it and looking at the images, but as it is in Swedish and the articles seem utterly pointless and about the most petty and uninteresting stuff I could ever think of, I refrain from reading the whole thing. The only part of "Land" that I look at is the recipe section. The food looks pretty good and it's interesting to look at some typical Swedish dishes.

Here's the link to the website. It's all in Swedish, but I think you'll be able to look through it. All you have to do is click on a link that will take you to a recipe page. Here it is:

http://www.mixr.se/mat-dryck

Enjoy looking though the typical Swedish recipes and should you have any questions please feel free to ask me this question as a comment to this blog post. My last blog which discussed Swedish food was a little abstract in my opinion. With this website you'll be able to more "tangibly" see what Swedish food is about.

Take care and have a great week!

Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment