Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Week, Very Busy, Studying in Sweden as an American

Dear readers,

I hope that you're all having an efficient week and getting many things taken care of, hopefully also with no stress. :-)

All is well here. My blogging hasn't been as frequent during these past weeks because I've been exceptionally busy with several things. First and foremost I've been working on the writing and data analysis part of my Master's. This has been quite time consuming. As I wrote on last week's post I'm working with the statistical program R and have also started entering coordinate global positioning data into ArcGIS. So there's lots going on. Parallel to this I'm beginning to plan my life beyond SLU and beginning to look for jobs. Of course this includes time surfing the internet for jobs, lots of thinking and writing and updating cover letters and my CV.

As I promised in my last blog, I will begin to describe what it's like to study here in Sweden from an American perspective. I'm not writing this because I'm an overly patriotic American. Instead, after looking at the blog statistics the most number of people that read my blog are Swedish and following that are people in the USA. I'd like to give my US readers some good information. ;-)

There are several points that I would like to discuss. If you feel there should be more points or subjects that I should discuss, please leave a question or topic in the comment section and I will address that topic in my next blog and hopefully answer your questions. In this and my next blog I will discuss the following: weather, surrounding environment, education, student life, partying and the student nations and health care, of course comparing everything with that I've experienced while studying at Ithaca College in New York and living in Utah and Oregon. I will brainstorm more over the next days and maybe add more points that I discuss.

In order to keep my blogs to a manageable length, I will publish on a daily or on an every second day basis.

Here we go and look for my first blog comparing Sweden with the USA tomorrow!

THE SUSPENSE IS UNBEARABLE!!! :-))))

Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment